Skinny Recipe: French Toast Strata
Posted by Caitlin Norton
For Christmas morning, I am always looking for something easy to make for breakfast but still special. This French Toast Strata recipe is perfect for breakfast after a morning under the tree. Easy to prepare the night before, all you have to do is bake it in the morning! This will sure to be a delight for kids young and old.
Makes 8 Servings
1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 cup egg substitute
2/3 cup skim milk
3/4 teaspoon imitation maple flavor
8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
2 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8X8-inch square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Blend together 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, egg substitute, milk and maple flavor in a medium bowl.
- Tear cinnamon raisin bread into pieces, approx. 1-2 inches each. Add bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to coat bread. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
- Blend remaining 1 Tbsp. SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven 40-50 minutes, or until lightly browned and set. Serve immediately.
Total Fat 4g
Dietary Fiber 2g